Requirements for All Applicants
- All applicants must be between the ages of 10 and 19 years of age
- All Applicants must be residents of a Pennsylvania County
- All Applicants must attend a Pennsylvania County school or homeschooled
- All Applicants must be of one of the designated scholarship ethnic groups.
- The Scholarship Committee will determine recipients based upon written teacher recommendations. Students with financial need will be preferred over students with no apparent need (teachers should mention family financial need in their recommendations.
- All applicants must complete the audition requirements for their instrument (See Apply Page – Audition Procedure. No audition fee is required)
- The absolute deadline for all Scholarship requests is the last Sunday in May of the year of the workshop at 5:00 PM. A postmark on or before that date with delivery thereafter will not be sufficient. The IYOSG Scholarship Committee will not review any Application for Scholarship after the deadline.
Scholarships Available (4 – one to each group)
- African-American Applicants – The Velma Simmons Memorial Scholarship.
- Asian-American Applicants – The Jae-Joon Lee Festival Scholarship.
- Caucasian Applicants – The Florence Rosensweig and Max Schwartz Memorial Scholarship.
- Latino Applicants – The Heitor Villa-Lobos Memorial Scholarship